I can't believe it's the last day of 2009 already. This year flew by! I'd like to take a minute and do a review of 2009. Let's talk about the good, the bad and the ugly ... Here we go.
In January 2009 Adam started working 3rd shift at Praxair. I was trying to keep my life on track by organizing the house and losing weight. Shortly after that, Adam lost his job there and so began the downward spiral of events. I started my job cleaning houses as well that month.
In February I realized how much that job stunk and wasn't what we needed. I watched in amazement and wonder as my daughter grew and socialized. Adam started a new job fixing pools and spas. Miranda started daycare, which she loved very much. Adam went ice fishing in Vermont.
Miranda started to get her 2-year molars in March. We were able to catch up on some bills with our tax refund. We were busy, busy running here, there and everywhere. We celebrated St.Patty's day and got ready for Miranda's birthday. We battled colds and sickness. We started taking Miranda to MyGym classes. Kevin turned 27.
April was quite eventful. We started it off by putting our dog to sleep. The next day though, we had a party to celebrate Miranda's 2nd birthday! Nicole and I went shopping and had fun times with the little one. She had her two year appointment at the pediatrician. We took Miranda to a Rock Cats game, which she loved. We battled lovely tantrums and took Miranda everywhere we could. My Gym started to be more trouble than it was worth.
May brought more events...Adam's truck was rear-ended. Twice. We attended another Rock Cats game. Adam and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. I had a fantastic Mother's Day celebration and was able to get my hair cut. We went to New Jersey to meet-up with my invaluable message board friends. :) We threw a big Memorial Day party for the apartment complex. More shopping & cleaning.
June, we took Miranda to the zoo. Another year passed without our Quinne. :( Adam and I celebrated our 6th year together since we started dating. And we endured that FREAK of a storm with 2" size hail that filled Miranda's wagon and succeeded in turning our parking lot into what looked like a river.
July was a slower month. We spent a lot of time with our family and friends. We had a very low key Fourth of July. We discovered Miranda's utter joy for the pool. Adam lost his job, again. Adam accidentally dropped my camera so I wasn't able to take pictures for a while. Miranda peed on the potty for the first time, and so began our potty training journey. And we took Miranda to Coco Key and had a blast there.
I turned 24 in August. My best friend, Nicole, who has the same birthday as me, turned 25. My camera lens was replaced so I was able to take pictures again. Other than that, it was a very uneventful month. Nothing out of the ordinary.
September was also pretty uneventful. More of the same stuff. We finally convinced Miranda to get rid of the pacifier by giving them all to the binky fairy. Unfortunately, that backfired on us and she shortly thereafter started to suck her thumb. Miranda did more cute and amazing things. It never ceases to amaze me the things my child does and says.
October brought fall time, pumpkin picking, Halloween and all the fun that ensues with those events. Adam celebrated his 24th birthday as well. Miranda was a fairy princess for Halloween. We attended a Halloween party at my brother's house that was fun. Adam was a demon, I was a geisha, Nicole was a witch. My brother Kevin was a executioner, Tom and Sherri were Chucky and bride of Chucky. We all had a blast. :)
In November we went to see the fire trucks, I hunted for a new job unsuccessfully. :( Miranda saw Santa for the first time of the year. We took her to a butterfly garden up in Massachusetts. My brother turned 32. And lastly, we had an amazing Thanksgiving full of friends, family and tons of food.
The magical month of December brings on Christmas time and a feeling of new hope. Adam started his new job at the Army Corps of Engineers. Miranda and I took more field trips during the day to some of her favorite places. We decorated the house and undecorated it. Miranda was spoiled with love and presents as were Adam and I.
As we end the year on a high note, I have faith that 2010 will be a good year for the Orlowski household. Let us see. Either way, I'm ready. My family is happy and healthy. I feel truly blessed.
I'm glad you're entering the new year with things in such a great place. I wish for all the best for you guys!
ReplyDelete