Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Quiet Day

I am officially doing this blog entry sitting outside in a t-shirt and I am loving it! It has been so beautiful here lately! Maverick is out here too, chewing on sticks. I don't really like him doing it, but I just can't seem to get him to stop. There are a million sticks out here (no thanks to yard maintenance) and I bring him his bones and everything. He literally leaves his bone to go chew on a stick. I can't really complain though since he's quiet and pretty well-behaved when he's outside otherwise. He's a chewing puppy and if sticks are what feel good to him, then sticks it is.

Speaking of Maverick, he's not doing too well with housebreaking anymore. If he's inside and I know I can't devote all of my attention to him, then I put him in his crate because it seems that the second I turn my back, he pees on the floor. It doesn't matter that he goes outside 50 times a day and he pees during every one of those trips. I truly think that he just doesn't understand yet that it's not okay to go in the house and that he has to wait until he's outside. We'll get there though, slowly but surely. I've been working on training with him and he's doing okay. Still very much a pup who just doesn't get it yet. Hopefully that will change with age. One of us tries to take him for a walk a couple times a day, and he loves those. He tires quickly though so we have to keep them pretty short. I tried getting him used to being near my bike today because I hope to be able to have him jog next to my bike when he's a little older. I think that will be the easiest way for me to exercise him without killing myself.

Today has been so quiet and nice. Miranda is with my mother-in-law today and it's been very nice to just have one being to focus myself on. I've been able to get a lot done which is very nice. Adam's working a full day today as well. Hopefully he'll be home soon. Dinner will be nice and easy tonight, mac 'n cheese that we made a month or so ago and froze. I love quick and easy meals like that.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the weather! I'm off now to go read more about how to keep my puppy under control. :)

1 comment: